Friday 1 February 2008

End of Seafaring challenge

Time to wrap up the Seafaring Challenge which officially finished on the 31st. January.



I read three books for the challenge, 'two books with a sea theme from any genre and one classic'. And those were:

Abarat by Clive Barker
Castaways of the Flying Dutchmen by Brian Jacques
High Wind in Jamaica by Richard Hughes

This gave me the exalted rank of 'Commodore'. I was planning to go for Admiral but that's okay, sometimes these things just don't happen. I enjoyed Abarat and High Wind in Jamaica the most, both were slightly away from the norm for me and that's good. A fun challenge and many thanks to I Heart paperbacks for organising it.

3 comments:

DesLily said...

see there! We both finished a challenge by the end of January!!

Eloise said...

Congratulations Commodore. I think the ranking was the best bit about this challenge, a great idea, so that even if you read only one book you still succeeded at the challenge.

Cath said...

I think we're pretty clever don't you, Pat? ;-p

Thank you, Admiral. Yes, it's funny, for a brief moment when I realised I wasn't going to read four books I thought would fail at the challenge. But then it dawned on me that three was still a success. An original idea.