The rules are:
1. Read 10 award winners from August 1, 2008 through June 1, 2009.
2. You must have at least FIVE different awards in your ten titles.
3. Overlaps with other challenges are permitted.
4. You don't have to post your choices right away, and your list can change at any time.
5. 'Award winners' is loosely defined; make the challenge fit your needs, keeping in mind Rule #2.
I had a look through my tbr mountain last night and came up with a comprehensive pool of books to choose from. It's quite likely though (knowing me), that this will alter over the months. 'Changing my mind' seems to define me somehow...
Anyway, here goes:
The Seige of Krishnapur - J.G. Farrell
Midnight's Children - Salman Rushdie
The Ghost Road - Pat Barker
GOVERNOR GEN. (CANADA)
The Little Grey Men - 'BB'
Tom's Midnight Garden - Philippa Pearce
The Lantern Bearers - Rosemary Sutcliff
The Doomsday Book - Connie Willis
Speaker for the Dead - Orson Scott Card
The Thirteenth Tale - Diane Setterfield
Year of Wonders - A novel of the plague - Geraldine Brooks
The Tenderness of Wolves - Stef Penney
COMMONWEALTH'S WRITER'S PRIZE
A Fine Balance - Rohinton Mistry
The Ropemaker - Peter Dickinson
THE NEWBERY AWARD
CWA GOLD/DIAMOND DAGGER AWARDS
NOBEL PRIZE FOR LITERATURE
So that's it. It'll be interesting to see how far I get with this as it's quite a challenge, but I feel like I'm really up for it.