Saturday 29 August 2009

Life According to Literature

This is great fun - nabbed from Danielle.

Using only books you have read this year (2009), answer these questions. Try not to repeat a book title. It's a lot harder than you think!

Describe yourself: The Stolen Child (Keith Donohue)

How do you feel: Bitten (Kelley Armstrong)

Describe where you currently live: The Valley of Secrets (Charmian Hussey)

If you could go anywhere, where would you go: Solomon Time (Will Randall)

Your favorite form of transportation: Wings (Terry Pratchett)

Your best friend is: Daughter of the Blood (Anne Bishop)

You and your friends are: Diggers (Terry Pratchett)

What's the weather like: Snow Blind (P.J. Tracey)

You fear: The Sedgemoor Strangler (Peter Lovesey)

What is the best advice you have to give: Remember Me? (Sophie Kinsella)

Thought for the day: The Dark is Rising (Susan Cooper)

How I would like to die: In the Woods (Tana French)

My soul's present condition: Moon Called (Patricia Briggs)

11 comments:

Booklogged said...

You had me with question 1. Stolen Child? My curiosity is engaged! And then there's #2 - Bitten? Actually, most of your answer had me wondering. What an interesting person you are. I'm sure my answer would be so mundane.

Booklogged said...

Forgot to say - I don't know about the Sedgemoor Strangler but it sounds like a good book.

Cath said...

Booklogged: LOL! I'm very far from interesting. :-) I have my whole family descending on me today but when they've gone I'll send you an email explaining my answers.

My review of The Sedgemoor Strangler is here:
http://read-warbler.blogspot.com/2009/04/sedgemoor-strangler.html

DesLily said...

that is a difficult meme to do..and considering how few books I've read this year, plus the titles.. I may just skip this one lol lol.. however, for the question "you and your friends are".. i could use the pratchett book you sent me and say "truckers"! heh..

Cath said...

Pat, it's not an easy meme, no. In fact I doubted whether I'd be able to with only 44 books read so far this year. But I managed it.

LOL. I used Pratchett's 'Diggers'... for gardeners. Hee. I was really surprised at how appropriate some of the titles were to the answers I wanted.

Nikki in Niagara said...

Love your answers to this! I just had to steal it and try for myself. Some of my answers I was surprisingly able to find an honest answer, others I had to creatively fudge one from what titles were available.

http://back-to-books.blogspot.com/2009/08/life-according-to-literature.html

Susan said...

Very fun, Cath! I think I'm going to borrow it from you too. I like your answers!!!

StuckInABook said...

What a good idea. I'm going to have to have a go myself...

Cath said...

Nicola, it is surprising, I agree, how appropriate some titles were to the questions. Yes, I had to fudge a couple too. All good fun. I'm going to look at your answers in a moment.

Susan, I can't believe how much fun I got out of doing this meme.

Simon, looking forward to seeing your answers.

Nan said...

What a great thing! I love your answers.

Cath said...

Nan: It was great fun to do.