Monday 30 December 2013

Southern Lit wrap-up

One of the challenges I took part in this year and completed is the Southern Literature Reading challenge 2013, which was hosted by The Introverted Reader.




I chose to read four books for this challenge which was the highest level. The books I read are:

1. I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings by Maya Angelou (Arkansas)

2. The Help by Kathryn Stockett (Mississippi)

3. Crooked Letter, Crooked Letter by Tom Franklin (Mississippi)

4. Last Wool and Testament by Molly Macrae. (Tennessee)

Without exception I enjoyed them all and would recommend them as good books to anyone. The first three were real insights into the world of the black person in a couple of the southern American states. At some stage I would really like to read more in this vein. My favourite book of the four is hard to choose but I just loved the simple style in which The Help was written, the intrigue in it, and the way it told you of a way of life without banging you over the head with facts. For that reason it was my favourite. I loved doing this challenge and would very much like to do it again someday. Thanks to The Introverted Reader for hosting.

~~~oOo~~~

No comments: