I signed up originally for Pike's Peak which is to read 12 books off your TBR pile.
First up, Bev wants us to:
1. Tell us how many miles you've made it up your mountain (# of books read). If you're really ambitious, you can do some intricate math and figure out how the number of books you've read correlates to actual miles up Pike's Peak, Mt. Ararat, etc. And feel free to tell us about any particularly exciting adventures you've had along the way.
Well, I'm there... at the top of Pike's Peak. I finished my 12th. book just a couple of days ago. What to do now? Well, I think I'll move on to the next mountain, Mont Blanc, which is to read 24 books. I've no idea whether I'll manage it but nothing ventured...
2. Complete ONE (or more if you like) of the following:
A. Choose two titles from the books you've read so far that have a common link. You decide what the link is--both have strong female lead characters? Each focuses on a diabolical plot to take over the world? Blue covers? About weddings? Find your link and tell us what it is.
My link is between Bill Oddie Unplucked by Bill Oddie and Waterlog by Roger Deakin. And the link is both authors' love of wildlife, in Oddie's case specifically 'birds'. It shines like a beacon out of both books and is delightful to read and learn from.
Use titles from your list to complete as many of the following sentences below as you can. If you haven't read enough books to give you good choices, then feel free to use any books yet to be read from your piles. I've given my answers as examples. Feel free to add or change words (such as "a" or "the" or others that clarify) as needed.
My Life According to Books:
1. My Ex is/was Waterlog(ged) - Roger Deakin (To be reviewed)
2. My best friend is The Woman in White - Wilkie Collins (on tbr pile)
3. Lately, at work (It feels like) The Haunted Library - Edited by Tanya Kirk
4. If I won the lottery (I'd take to) The Cloud Roads - Martha Wells
5. My fashion sense (resembles) Bill Oddie Unplucked - Bill Oddie
6. My next ride (Leaves from) The Way Station - Clifford D. Simak
7. The one I love is The Lewis Man - Peter May
8. If I ruled the world (I'd be) William the Conqueror - Richmal Crompton
9. When I look out my window (I see) Dragonsdawn - Anne McCaffrey
10.The best things in life are On the Shores of the Mediterranean - Eric Newby
So, onwards and upwards... Mont Blanc!