Wednesday 27 March 2024

Thank you

I just wanted to thank everyone who left such heartfelt and touching messages in reply to my post last week about Peter passing away. I read them all and feel so blessed to know each and every one of you through our mutual passion for reading. I'm doing ok. The sense of unreality and disbelief is still quite overwhelming as is the 'empty chair' syndrome - 50 years is a long time to be with someone. But I'm getting there and I'm so lucky to have two wonderful daughters and grandchildren who are looking after me, I couldn't ask for better to be honest. I will be back, probably in a few weeks, in the meantime I hope to catch up on a few of your blog posts I've missed and start to comment again. I miss it and feel it might comfort me to get back to what I love and I know Peter, a keen reader like myself, would want that. 

Thanks again and take care, all of you. xxx

9 comments:

Kay said...

Take your time, Cath. Thanks for updating us so we won't worry about you, but do what you need to do. My prayer is for peace for you and your family as you gradually make this transition. Big hugs and we'll always be around. Take care.

Mary said...

Cath, I've been away and only just saw your post about your beloved husband. Though we are all tied by our love of books and reading, it is at times like this when words feel so inadequate. None seem to quite touch the heartache of loss. But my heart reaches out to you. May you find peace and comfort in the love of your family and friends. x

TracyK said...

It is good to hear from you. You have been in my thoughts and it is good to know that you have such a supportive family with you at this time. Take care of yourself.

Nan said...

So very good to hear from you. Love to you, dear Cath.

Sam said...

Take care of yourself, Cath. I've thought of you every day since hearing the news so it's really good to hear from you. It eases all of our minds a little, I think. Ease back in when you feel up to it.

Margot Kinberg said...

I am so glad you have family to be with you at this time, Cath. I can only imagine how it is for you right now, but I'm glad you are managing. Thinking of you and wishing you peace.

FictionFan said...

Glad to hear your family are taking good care of you. Take your time, and come back when you feel you're ready. Best wishes to you.

Yvonne @ Fiction Books Reviews said...

I am so pleased that you felt able to reach out to all your community of bookish friends. You are often in my thoughts and it is good to know that you are beginning to embrace the healing process in your usual thoughtful way.

Keeping you in my thoughts and sending continued best wishes for peace and strength for you all! :)

Kathy's Corner said...

Cath, Good to hear from you and we wish you all the best to you and your family.