Monday 7 January 2008

The Cardathon challenge



I signed up for the Cardathon challenge several months ago because I'm quite interested in reading a few titles by Orson Scott Card. The fact that I haven't done a post about it here is down to my dillydallying over what to read for it. I just couldn't make up my mind, which is pretty par for the course for me. Anyway, I've decided to mainly concentrate on Card's own writing and maybe add one or two that he's reviewed later on. So, these are my books to start me off:

Ender's Game
Speaker for the Dead
Xenocide

Other books actually read:

Dreams Underfoot - Charles De Lint
Assassin's Quest - Robin Hobb
The Sign of Four - Arthur Conan Doyle

This challenge runs all year and the post for it is here.

2 comments:

DesLily said...

Good luck on this challenge! At least you have all year to do it so you don't feel rushed!

The Dragon Challenge was timed to well for me not to join it, though I generally don't join challenges, with the exception of Carls Fantasy one, not sure when that one begins, but again no real challenge since that's what I read most of lol..

Cath said...

Hi Pat. None of my challenges are too stressful. Of the three new ones for this year, two are all year and the third is over six months. So, I'm quite okay with that. It's nice when a challenge covers what you normally read too.