26. The Murder of Roger Ackroyd - Agatha Christie
27. We Are All Completely Beside Ourselves - Karen Joy Fowler
28. The Whispering Land - Gerald Durrell
29. A Cold Blooded Business - Dana Stabenow. I haven't reviewed this one but it's book 4 in the Kate Shugak series, and involves her going undercover in one of the Alaskan oilfields to find out why someone has died as a result of too much cocaine being available on the site. I learned a lot about working conditions in the oilfields so it was a decent read. I enjoyed it possibly a little less than the previous two but this continues to be an excellent series.
30. The Watchmaker of Filigree Street - Natasha Pulley. To be reviewed.
I enjoyed all of the books I read and really don't have a favourite. According to my Goodreads 2016 shelf I gave all bar A Cold Blooded Business four stars and even with that it was a hard choice between three and four and I may have been a bit mean not giving it four. They were all good. But really the book I've enjoyed the most this month is the book I'm three quarters of the way through right now and it's this:
If I could have added The Olive Route by Carol Drinkwater to my May books it would have won hands down. But it's not finished so this excellent book will probably be my favourite for June. I love it to bits... more on this later.
June is going to be another odd month for me but I'm still hoping to be around reading blogs and posting about the books I'm reading... if slightly intermittently. Happy reading!