Sunday 22 May 2016

Jigsaw puzzles!

What with one thing and another, it's been a bit of a year. New kitchen, new roof, trying to organise my husband's knee surgery... after a delay because of a problem with too much potassium in his blood that can now go ahead on the 7th. June. I've kept myself sane with reading and... jigsaw puzzles! Here are the ones I've done so far this year:


This snow scene I did over the New Year and into January, it took me ages as there was so much blue that all looked the same. Very pleased with how it looked when it was finished though.


A freebie my daughter picked up at the library. Another snowy scene (sensing a theme here?) It was odd because it turned out that Margaret at Booksplease was doing this at more or less the same time as I was. A fun one to do anyway, showing one of my favourite subjects: birds.


Cats, cats, cats! I had no idea there were so many breeds! Another enjoyable one.


I bought this for £2.50 in a charity shop... it had never been opened. Lovely one to do, I do love puzzles of these gorgeous botanical paintings.


Another library freebie of a Paris scene and also fun to do.

~~~oOo~~~

5 comments:

DesLily said...

wow, Cath! With everything else you still do a puzzle a month!! It would take me 6 months (or more) to do just one lol!!

Jeane said...

Nice puzzles! I have one that shows lots of cat breeds too, I've had it since I was a teen and it's still one of my favorites. I seem to do more puzzles during the winter months, when there's no outside work to do (aside from snow shoveling)

BooksPlease said...

Beautiful! it was odd wasn't it that we were doing the same jigsaw - odder than when we read the same books at almost the same time (I see you're reading The Watchmaker of Filigree Street too). I think jigsaws are just as good as books for taking you out of yourself - it's the concentration that does it. But sometimes they can be so frustrating!

I do hope you husband's surgery goes well.

Cath said...

Pat: There are plenty of times when I do more than a puzzle a month. LOL!

Jeane: I follow a FB page for people who do a lot of jigsaws and from that I see that cat jigsaw puzzles are hugely popular. I think I probably do more in the winter too, jigsaw puzzles and hibernating go together very nicely.

Margaret: *Very* odd. Almost spooky really. Yes, and the same book. I've almost finished The Watchmaker of Filigree Street. I'll be interested to hear what you think of it if you do a review.

I agree jigsaws can be frustrating. I've been doing a 2,000 piece 'painting' scene but have had to give up on it with about two thirds of it done. The rest is all dark browns and black and my eyes just can't cope with that any more. It would take me weeks to finish it and to my mind that takes the joy out of a puzzle.

Thank you, we're hoping the surgery will go ahead at long last.

BooksPlease said...

Cath, it will be a while before I write about The Watchmaker of Filigree Street because I decided I need to read it again - there is so much in it and I read it too quickly the first time! And there are things in it I don't understand - ether for example. It is a fascinating book.