Monday 21 October 2013

Book Title meme

Last week was a bit of a week one way and another and I had cause to be grateful to the NHS and to my lovely family. Without both I would seriously have gone under otherwise. What I want from this week is er... nothing... zilch... a non-event week would make me deliriously happy. Sitting quietly doing memes like this one is all the effort I feel capable off to be honest. I found it on Margaret at Booksplease's blog, though it originated elsewhere in The Mists of Time I'm sure. I've done several like it in the past but these are different questions.

What you have to do is use the titles of the books you've read this year to answer the questions. Some of my answers need to be taken with a pinch of salt naturally...


In school I was: Unseen Academicals - Terry Pratchett

People might be surprised I'm: Out of the Woods but not Over the Hill - Gervase Phinn

I will never be: Down the Nile - Rosemary Mahoney

My fantasy job is: A Cook's Year in a Welsh Farmhouse - Elizabeth Luard

At the end of a long day I need: Miss Buncle's Book - D.E. Stevenson

I hate it when: Kindness Goes Unpunished - Craig Johnson

Wish I had: The Ship of Magic - Robin Hobb

My family reunions are: Mayhem - Sarah Pinsborough

At a party you'd find me with: The Monster Corner - ed. Christopher Golden

I've never been to: The Happy Isles of Oceania - Paul Theroux

A happy day includes: The Woods - Harlen Coben

Motto I live by: I Shall Wear Midnight - Terry Pratchett

On my bucket list: A Morning for Flamingos - James Lee Burke

In my next life, I want to be: A Dog Abroad - Bruce Fogle


Great fun, leave a comment if you plan to do this too.

5 comments:

DesLily said...

not sure if I will attempt this or not.. but I think your "dog abroad" would be running after my cat! lol.. j/k..

Margaret @ BooksPlease said...

Fantastic answers, Cath. I love your fantasy job! And I'm sure you wouldn't be found in the Monster Corner.

Thanks for the mention! I meant to add the authors to my post too - but forgot, so I may edit it and add them in.

Yvonne @ Fiction Books Reviews said...

Hi Cath,

I heard about your recent bad times, from a comment you left over at 'Books Please'. I do hope that your husband is one the mend now and that you get to enjoy the quiet week you are so in need of.

This is a great meme and although I just haven't got around to taking part for the last couple of years, all the brilliant entries have me very tempted!

I loved all your answers, but particularly number 2, which I hope applies totally to you both right now ... I am still trying to work out whether or not I am 'over the hill', it certainly feels like I am some times!

Anyway, take care both of you,

Yvonne

Nan said...

Gosh, Cath, I hope everything is okay. Thinking of you.

Cath said...

Pat: It would wouldn't it? Because I would definitely have to be a dog touring America, like Macy. LOL

Margaret: Funny how my answer to that really did fit my idea of a fantasy job.

Yvonne: Yes thanks, we are managing a nice quiet week. It's very welcome I have to say.

I thought my answer to number two was rather fitting too. I don't think any of us are over the hill just yet.

Have a nice weekend!

Nan: We're fine now thanks. Last week my husband had what amounted to a two and a half day nose-bleed and it was panic stations for a while, including an over-night stay in hospital for him. We're just crossing our fingers now that it doesn't happen again.