37. The Cuckoo's Egg by C.J. Cherryh
38. The Man in the Queue by Josephine Tey
39. A Fete Worse then Death by Delores Gordon-Smith
40. Death by Silver by Melissa Scott and Amy Griswold
41. The Outcast Dead by Elly Griffiths
42.The Last Continent by Terry Pratchett
43. Detective Stories from the Strand Magazine edited by Jack Adrian
44. The River of Adventure by Enid Blyton (To be reviewed)
45. Demon in the House by Angela Thirkell (To be reviewed)
As usual these days I seem to have specialised in crime yarns, with five of them involving crime of some sort, six if you count The River of Adventure! Most of these qualified for one or even two of the six challenges I'm doing at the moment and those are mostly going really well. There's just one I'm being a bit slow with but it - like most of my challenges this year - still has seven months to run so I'm not having sleepless nights over it just yet...
Anyway, I ought to name a favourite out of my nine books. I always um and ah a bit over this because I read some good ones this month, but really there's one serious contender and that's:
The Outcast Dead by Elly Griffiths. I gobble each book in this series up like there's no tomorrow and it's one of the few series where I wait avidly for each new book. This latest was one of the best so far.
Looking forward, as I always do, to starting a new reading month. Not sure what I'll read, although you can bet your firstborn that crime yarns will be in there somewhere. Authors I may read next month include Edmund Crispin, D.E. Stevenson, Agatha Christie, Tamora Pierce, Angela Thirkell. And I seriously need to read some non-fic next month as, although I'm halfway through one, I have no actual completed titles on my list for May. Someome should give me a slapped wrist.
Happy June reading!