Anyway, these are the books I read in July:
58. Sovereign by C.J. Sansom
59. Charlotte Fairlie by D.E. Stevenson
60. The Rendezvous and Other Stories by Daphne du Maurier
61. The Library edited by Rebecca Gray
62. Sanctus by Simon Toyne
63. The Overloaded Ark by Gerald Durrell
64. Helliconia Summer by Brian W. Aldiss
65. Lorraine Kelly's Scotland by Lorraine Kelly
66. The Dead in Their Vaulted Arches by Alan Bradley
67. A Shilling for Candles by Josephine Tey
68. For the Time Being by Dirk Bogarde
Quality-wise I consider it be a good month of reading. All these books were good, some very good, some, like the new Flavia de Luce were like visiting old friends. I've tried and I can't pick a favourite. Three or four were stand-out excellent such as Sovereign by C.J. Sansom and For the Time being by Dirk Bogarde. Others were just simply charming like The Dead in their Vaulted Arches (the new Flavia) by Alan Bradley, Charlotte Fairlie by D.E. Stevenson, Lorraine Kelly's Scotland, and The Overloaded Ark by Gerald Durrell. Helliconia Summer by Brian Aldiss was very readable classic science Fiction.
I am very pleased that of the 11 books I read last month 4 were non-fiction. That brings my total this year to 15. It's not 'brilliant' but it's actually not bad and I'll continue to make the effort to read a few non fiction volumes every month.
I hope August is a good reading month for you.