The garden's grabbing a lot of my attention at the moment and last week was half-term so fun with the grandchildren was had. All nice but it means I'm behind with book posts and likely to remain so possibly until Sept. Answer: don't do long reviews of everything I read which is what will happen with May books. So, books read in May... seven in all, not bad for me.
21. The Essex Serpent - Sarah Perry.
22. Something Sensational to Read in the Train - Gyles Brandreth
23. Have Mercy on us All - Fred Vargas
24. Far Horizons - Frank Gardner.
Daily Telegraph newspaper.
25. Seven Dead - J. Jefferson Farjeon.
26. A Walk Across France - Miles Morland.
27. The Chalk Pit - Elly Griffiths, book 9 of the Ruth Galloway series.
So, a good reading month for me... not by quantity but quality. Every single book was good to excellent and I really can't choose a favourite so I'm not going to. I'm just going to feel grateful for good books when there's nowt on the telly... and with the World Cup fast approaching I fear there will be even more 'nowt on the telly'!
My first book of June has been read and finished and was The Enchanted April by Elizabeth vo Arnim. Delightful. Will try to find a moment to write a few words about it soon.