Wednesday 8 January 2014

Wordpress blogs

I'd like to ask if there is anyone who is currently having a problem commenting on Wordpress blogs? I don't know why but Wordpress seems to go through periodic bouts of not allowing me to comment on its blogs. Usually it's just one or two but now it's all of them. I decided to Google this just now and it seems it's not uncommon for Wordpress to randomly shove blog comments into people's spam boxes. Penny at Life on the Cut Off and Robin at A Fondness for Reading both checked and lo and behold there my comments were - in their spam boxes. I gather there's no cure for this, I just have to wait until Wordpress gets its knickers out of a twist. Apart from Penny and Robin there're other Wordpress blogs I comment on... Margaret at Booksplease and Danielle at A Work in Progress to name but two. Until this solves itself I'll probably not be commenting on these blogs. I'm really, *really* sorry about this as I love these blogs and their delightful owners, but I can't keep pestering people to say that I've left a comment and can they please check their spam boxes. It makes me a pain in proverbial. Hopefully it won't be too long before this rights itself. I'll test again in a week or so. I'll say one thing though... Blogspot might not be perfect and I've been known to moan about it, but 'nothing' would ever convince me to change my blog over to Wordpress.

7 comments:

Kailana said...

Yeah. I have problems here and there commenting on wordpress blogs. It's annoying.

DesLily said...

I don't have a problem there because I keep a duplicate blog over there Glad now that I do since Robin is over there.. like you I will try like heck to always have blogspot.. but I probably couldn't have any anymore if I did have windows live writer.. with it I can post to as many blogs as I have and never have to even go to the blog... i do remember clicking to post and the whole thing would disappear so doing my blog ON my blog is a no no for me!

Penny O'Neill said...

Sorry that this has been such a challenge, Cath, but, glad you are bringing it to others' attention. It seems every year, at the new year, WordPress messes around and does something that makes everything go haywire for several weeks. Hope this settles down soon.

I am glad you mentioned not seeing your comments and have been checking my spam folder more often to see who else may be spammed.

Take care.

Nan said...

I have hardly ever 'moaned' about blogspot. I love it here. I love all the options for photos, fonts, templates. Easy to use.
I haven't personally had trouble leaving comments on Robin's or Penny's or Margaret's. There are many mysteries on the internet.

Margaret @ BooksPlease said...

Sorry about this Cath. I retrieved your comments from the spam -and went through 40 pages of spam!!! - much more than usual, maybe that's the problem. I don't check it every day, but I will from now on.

Yvonne @ Fiction Books Reviews said...

Hi Cath,

Fiction Books is a Wordpress site and I don't seem to be having any problems at all in receiving comments, both the genuine ones and the usual spam rubbish!

My tech support, AKA hubbie, installed a plug in of 'Akismet' spamware, which seems to work pretty effectively.

I have to say that I wouldn't be without Wordpress, but I guess it just depends what works the best for you ... 'horses for courses' and all that!

I hope that the glitch sorts itself out very soon and that communications are restored.

Yvonne

Cath said...

Kelly: I'm glad to know it's not just me who has occasional problems with WP! I was starting to get an inferiority complex. LOL!

Pat: I did wonder if maybe I should get a WP account or do a duplicate blog or something, then presumably WP would not kick me out as much. Trouble is, I don't feel inclined now.

Penny: It's interesting to note that this is a common event for WP in the new year...

Nan: I confess I have moaned, mainly when they changed the posting page completely and I had no idea where anything was. It took me ages to discover how to re-establish proper formatting. I was very annoyed.

Margaret: 40 pages? Gosh. I wish these spammers would find something else to occupy their time. I don't check mine every day either, to be honest. Better go and have a look in a moment...

Yvonne: I'm pleased you're not having problems. I'll speak to my tech support (Hubby too) about Akismet.

Horses for course is right and it's nice to find a site that suits your needs.