This year the What's In A Name reading challenge is being hosted by Andrea at The Carolina Book Nook. I shouldn't really be signing up for yet more challenges as I'm already doing four but I had a lot of fun with this one last year and the books I read for this will also qualify for Mount TBR 2019 and probably other challenges as well.
The challenge extends from January 1, 2019 to December 31, 2019. You can sign up any time, but only count books that you read between those dates.
Read a book in any format (hard copy, ebook, audio) with a title that fits in each category.
Don’t use the same book for more than one category.
Creativity for matching the categories is not only allowed, it’s encouraged!
You can choose your books as you go or make a list ahead of time.
1. A precious stone/metal. I have Silver Bullets selected by Eleanor Dobson
2. A temperature. I have Hot Sun, Cool Shadow by Angela Murrills
3. A month or day of the week. I have Friday the Rabbi Slept Late by Harry Kemelman
4. A meal. I have Dinner With Churchill by Cita Stelzer
5. Contains the word “girl” or “woman”. I have The Woman in White by Wilkie Collins
6. Contains both the words “of” AND “and”. I have The Bishop of Hell and Other Stories by Marjorie Bowen.
Of course, that may all change, but these are all on my tbr pile and it would be useful indeed to get them off it. But we shall see.