So this was my first attempt at the 20 Books of Summer challenge which was being hosted by 746 Books. It officially finished on the 1st. September lasting for 3 months from the 1st. June.
These were the 20 books I chose:
1. Persuasion - Jane Austen
2. The Shell Seekers - Rosamunde Pilcher
3. Washington Black - Esi Edugyan
4. The Giver of Stars - Jojo Moyes
5. The Book Collectors of Daraya - Delphine Minoui
6. Sicilian Carousel - Lawrence Durrell
7. The Towers of Trebizond - Rose Macaulay
8. The End of the Road - Jack Cooke
9. Wanderers - Keri Andrews
10. Spaceworlds - edited by Mike Ashley
11. Faring to France on a Shoe - Val Poore
12. A Borrowing of Bones - Paula Munnier
13. The Mauritius Command - Patrick O'Brian
14. A Quiet Life in the Country - T.E. Kinsey
15. One Summer in Crete - Nadia Marks
16. The Other Bennet Sister - Janice Hadlow
17. Through Siberia by Accident - Dervla Murphy
18. People Missing in the Woods - Steph Young
19. A Dangerous Place - Jacqueline Winspear
20. A House in Sicily - Daphne Phelps
Well, I certainly didn't manage to read all of the 20 books! I managed 12, which isn't terrible but neither is it amazing. Next year if I do this again I'll probably aim for 10 or 15 and spend a little more time choosing the books. I changed several of them for one reason or another so next time I would be more precise.
I wanted to travel around the world with the books I read, and did, so that's good. Places visited include, France, Sicily, Vermont and other parts of the USA, the Indian Ocean, Crete, Siberia, Gibralter, and a tour of the UK.
Anyway, great fun and think I would definitely have another go at this one.