Monday 20 December 2021

Book Bingo 2022

So this is one of the reading challenges I've been waiting for, Book Bingo 2022. I've really enjoyed doing the 2021 version this year and was keen to see what the categories would be for next year. They were tricky and thought provoking for 2021 and I was hoping for the same again and I'm not disppointed, so am signing up for another go.

This is the Bingo card participants have to work from:

Follow this link to the Sign-up post and there you will also find help and definitions for each of the categories.

How to play:

  • Read a book that fits the category. Each book can qualify for only one category.
  • Complete just one row or column, or go for blackout by reading a book in every category.
  • All books must be finished in 2022. Books started in 2021 but finished in 2022 count.
  • We’ve provided some definitions, but you can free-style it if you like—as long as you can make a case that the book fits the category. (This is one of my favorite sports)
  • All categories can be fiction or nonfiction (your choice), unless otherwise specified.

The Book Bingo challenge is being hosted by The Unruly Reader.

I already have a few books in mind for some of the categories but others are going to be a bit more tricky. Imagination or research will be needed and I love that. Roll on 2022!


13 comments:

Unruly Reader said...

This makes my heart sing! Welcome back to the challenge, Cath. I'm so glad you found last year's categories thought provoking -- that's always our goal. I'll look forward to seeing your 2022 book bingo reading choices. Cheers!

Cindy said...

I have not heard of this one and honestly, I don't understand a few of the categories! I hope you have fun with it and I will be watching to see what you come up with. :)

Lark said...

Bookish Bingo is always fun! I love checking off those boxes. :D

Cath said...

Unruly Reader: I was just so delighted to see your new post was up, so thank you. Can't wait to get started on the new Bingo card.

Cindy: A few of the categories are new to me too so I'll have to do some investigating, but that's fine as I love doing that sort of thing.

Lark: I love checking off the boxes too. Simple pleasures. LOL

TracyK said...

You have picked some appealing challenges to do. I remember you doing this one last year. There are definitely some interesting prompts on this one. Some that would seem easy, some that would require some planning. I will give this one some thought too. I like the idea that reviews don't seem to be a requirement.

Yvonne @ Fiction Books Reviews said...

I really don't know where you get the time from for all these lovely sounding challenges, alongside all the other reading you undertake! This challenge does sound intriguing though, involving much more considered thought than many others. I can feel some non-fiction creeping in here and I look forward to watching your squares go black! Good Luck :)

Cath said...

Tracy: Yes, I've started to be really picky about which challenges I choose each year. I don't like them to be too easy and the Bingo one gives me something to think about as regards the categories. No, reviews are not a requirement so there's no going to the home page and logging each book every month. I'll be doing a wrap-up post soon so people can see what I read for 2021's categories.

Cath said...

Yvonne: Well I don't do any other reading so to speak. The challenges are part and parcel of the normal reading I do every year, not 'extra' if you get what I mean. If they were extra I wouldn't take them on. Yes, some of the books will definitely be non-fiction... you know me!

Sam said...

Looks like fun, Cath, something that will keep you searching for just the right book all the way through 2022. I'm kind of tempted to do a challenge for the first time in several years, and I'm enjoying watching so many pick out theirs for the new year.

Vallypee said...

Sounds like fun, Cath! I'll look into it, but I fear I won't have time!

CLM said...

It does look fun! I am not sure what I want to read in 2022. I did just buy a very cute cart I thought I could put my imminent reading in but it got too full too quickly, which I suppose should have been expected.

Cath said...

Sam: Yes, this is the kind of challenge that will keep me on my toes I think. But that's good, I really didn't want anything too easy.

Look forward to hearing whether you decide to try a challenge and if so, what you choose.

Cath said...

Val: Yes, this one with a total of 25 books (although you don't have to read that many) is going to be quite time consuming.

Constance: I'm not sure what I want to read either. Possibly try for a more diverse selection but my book choices are already quite eclectic. I can always do better though.

I've seen some cute carts advertised by Ikea in the UK and I'm also rather tempted.