Saturday 6 January 2024

My Life in Books 2023

I've done this 'My Life in Books' meme for several years now. Always have a lot of fun doing it, the idea being simply to answer the questions with the titles of books you read last year.

In high school I (liked): To be Taught if Fortunate - Becky Chambers

People might be surprised by: Who Killed the Curate? - Joan Coggin

I will never be:  Behind the Sequins - Shirley Ballas

My fantasy Job is: The Left-handed Booksellers of London - Garth Nix

At the end of a long day I need: The Pleasure of Reading - ed. Antonia Fraser

I hate being: Rotten to the Core - T.E. Kinsey

I wish I had: A Year of Living Simply - Kate Humble

My family reunions are: A Scream In Soho - John Brandon

At a party you’d find me (saying): I'm Sorry I'm Late, I Didn't Want to Come - Jessica Pan

I’ve never been to: The Bright Edge of the World - Eowyn Ivey

A happy day includes:  Red Sauce, Brown Sauce - Felicity Cloake

Motto I live by: Sea of Tranquility - Emily St. John Mandel

On my bucket list is: The Pavilion in the Clouds - A. McCall-Smith

In my next life, I want to have: A Ship of Magic - Robin Hobb

Would love to see other people's answers! 


18 comments:

Harvee said...

I'v done this meme in the past and loved doing it. Yours sounds interesting!

Yvonne @ Fiction Books Reviews said...

I can't find titles for all your categories, but here are a few I thought might fit the bill! :-


I WILL NEVER BE: - 'The Mother-In-Law' by Karen King

AT THE END OF A LONG DAY I NEED:- 'The Guest House By The Sea' by Faith Hogan

I WISH I HAD:- 'The Room By The Lake' by Emma Dibdin

MY FAMILY REUNIONS ARE:- 'One Mistake' by Rona Halsall

AT A PARTY YOU'D FIND ME SAYING:- 'Sweet Little Lies' by Karin Nordin

I'VE NEVER BEEN TO:- 'The Last Restaurant In Paris' by Lily Graham

A HAPPY DAY INCLUDES:- 'The Symphony Of Souls' by Geraldine Solon

MOTTO I LIVE BY:- 'Happily Married' by Victoria Jenkins

ON MY BUCKET LIST IS:- 'The Golden Girls Road Trip' by Kate Galley

IN MY NEXT LIFE, I WANT TO HAVE:- 'God's Country' by Kerry Hadley-Pryce


All books are taken from my 2023 Goodreads Reading Challenge
https://www.goodreads.com/user/year_in_books/2023/31492952

Great Fun and I love your choice of titles! :)

Margaret @ BooksPlease said...

Great answers, Cath, especially The Pleasure of Reading at the end of a long day - I need that every day. And a magic ship would be wonderful.

Cath said...

Harvee: It's a fun one to do and even when you've read a lot of books it can be a struggle to find the right reply.

Cath said...

Yvonne: I like your answers! I wouldn't mind a Golden Girls Road Trip either. Preferably from one bookshop to another...

Cath said...

Margaret: Yes, I always need some reading at the end of the day too, sometimes in the middle of it too... LOL!

Lark said...

I haven't done this one yet, but I want to! I love all the title/answers you find for each one. They all fit so perfectly. And they all made me smile. :D

Sam said...

Looks like fun, Cath. I chuckled at your answer to the party question. That's just about perfect these days.

Kathy's Corner said...

Hi Cath, Great answers to this challenge and I am interested to read some of the books you listed as well. I might try this challenge next year provided I read enough books so that the answers I give make sense. I am trying for 50 books this year.

CLM said...

I do love these - maybe I will succumb! Snow heading my way - it is crazy to see the grocery store parking lots. As one reporter commented drily, "We haven't had a blizzard before."

Margot Kinberg said...

This is absolutely fabulous, Cath! Very clever! You know, I haven't done this meme in forever, and as I read your entries, I remember how much fun it was to do it. Perhaps I ought to start again.

TracyK said...

Your answers are very fitting and funny.

I love these two especially...

My family reunions are: A Scream In Soho

At a party you’d find me (saying): I'm Sorry I'm Late, I Didn't Want to Come

Cath said...

Lark: Glad I made you smile. Look forward to your answers if you decide to do this.

Cath said...

Sam: Yeah, I'm no party animal... never have been to be honest so the book title is very 'me'.

Cath said...

Kathy: Good luck reading 50 books next year so that you have enough books to to do this!

Cath said...

Constance: I hope you do succumb! I gather from frends in Pittsburgh that the snow did arrive but not loads of it. Of course, you're further east so you may have got more.

Cath said...

Margot: Glad you enjoyed reading my answers. It's great fun to do, yes, but a little time consuming.

Cath said...

Tracy: Thanks, glad you enjoyed reading my answers and you got a laugh out of them.