Friday 27 December 2019

World at War challenge wrap-up


The World at War 2019 reading challenge was hosted by Becky at Becky's Book Reviews.

The format was that of a Bingo card and thus the idea was to complete a line to get a 'bingo'. My final chart looks like this:


Altogether I read 7 books and they were as follows - first the 5 bingo line books from the top righthand corner to the bottom left:

A book focussed on the war: Death in Captivity - Michael Gilbert

A book set in England, Ireland or Scotland: Fire in the Thatch - E.C. Lorac

A fiction book set in the 1920s: Maisie Dobbs - Jacqueline Winspear

A non-fiction book about the 1930s: In the Garden of Beasts - Erik Larson

Any book published 1939 - 1945: Cheerfulness Breaks In - Angela Thirkell


Lastly, the 2 books that were not part of the bingo line:

A book set in Europe: The Tattooist of Auschwitz - Heather Morris

A fiction book set in the 1930s: Weekend at Thrackley - Alan Melville

I thoroughly enjoyed doing this reading challenge, learnt quite a lot, and had fun. Thanks to Becky for hosting.

~~~oOo~~~

2 comments:

Sam said...

Nicely done, Cath. You made the most of this challenge for sure by coming up with some interesting titles.

Cath said...

Thanks, Sam. Yes, I enjoyed all of the books though looking at the titles I feel like I could've read more non-fiction. I shall put that right in 2020 although I don't plan to do it formally as a challenge, off my own bat using Goodreads.